Bursaries from WEST
Each year, WEST makes a number of small bursaries (usually between £50 – £150) to women living and studying in Yorkshire, Derbyshire and North Nottinghamshire, to encourage them in careers in male-dominated areas of engineering, science, technology and construction.
Applications are available in May and June, with awards being made in time for September that year. The deadline for applying for a 2018 bursary has now gone.
There are lots of ways you can help us make a difference to local women training in male-dominated trades and jobs.
- Come to our annual film night. It’s usually in November and is our main fundraising event. Please sign up for our newsletter to get updates and invitations (just put your email address in the Get Updated box )
- Please make a donation – the more funds we have, the more women that we can support!
- Think about sponsoring some bursaries. We’ve successfully worked with companies to create specific industry bursaries – including, for example, Alcoa (in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University) and NICEIC. Please get in touch if you want to explore this idea.
We’re sorry if you applied but weren’t successful. Please check back in May 2019. If you would like to find out about other potential funding meanwhile, you could try
- Sheffield Help Yourself – this online directory has listings of funders who will give small grants to individuals. Use “funding as a key word” in your search. It is best practice to only write to funders where you fit their criteria, and to personalise each application and use up to date information.
- South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau – SYFAB has an online database of funders and a funding newsletter for local voluntary and community groups, rather than individual people. They have produced this useful information sheet sbout Grants for Individuals.
Previous bursary winners
Read about the brilliant bursary winners: